Barbequing is a fun experience! It’s all about good food and great company. With outdoor spaces getting smaller, people are opting for alternate grills. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill is one such grills.
Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill Reviews are all over the place. We bring to the table an unbiased analysis of the suitability and advantages of using this product.
What are the best features offered by Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill?
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill is great for outdoor grilling. The pre-heating takes only a couple of minutes. The cooking space is 280 square inch which has porcelain coated wire grates. This space would be enough for entertaining a select set of friends.
- There are 2 side shelves where you can store your tools and ingredients. There are 2 wheels attached to the stand which offer good manoeuvrability. The fire box has to be kept clean to avoid flare-up accidents. A grill cover would protect the grill from dust and rust. The lid and firebox are made of porcelain coated steel which is quite durable. It comes across as an all – weather grill, it has a sturdy build.
- There are side hooks available on the shelves; this can be used to hang the grilling tools. It comes in quite handy when you are working on the grill, especially with different types of food items for which different seasonings may be required. There are varied types of tools required to handle the searing of different types of food.
- Despite being a 2 burner, Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill Reviews contend that it offers 26,500 BTU searing power, which will give you the right sear on your food. The ignition system used here is that of Piezo, which provides reliable spark everytime you push the buttons.
- It has a connective cooking system; this is good for grilling and indirect cooking at lower temperatures. Some food items may require slow roasting to get the right sear and retain the moisture. By closing the lid, the heat may spread evenly across the cooking space and this will in turn result in lesser flare-up mishaps.
- The drip tray which is detachable is a great addition, it enables all the additional fat to drip into this tray which can be removed and cleaned off easily. This will also help cook a slightly healthier meal, with the additional fat dripping off the food. You can also remove the excess fat and put it aside in this drip tray which can be later cleaned off by soaking it in warm soap water solution.
- The product is rust resistant; the porcelain coated steel offers longevity of the product. It also offers a sleek finish. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill Reviews maintain that this offers a simple cleaning up of the grill.
Below is a detailed feature analysis –
- Cooking space: 280 square inch
- Fuel Type: Propane Gas
- Grill type: 2 burner, 25600 BTU
- Grates: Porcelain coated wire
- Tank included: No
- Plastic side shelves (for storing tools and extra work space)
- Porcelain coated steel lid and firebox
- 2 Wheels for mobility
- Piezo ignition system
The product specifications are as mentioned below –
- Assembly required – Yes
- Tools needed for assembly – Screwdriver and Wrench
- Product type – Gas grill
- Gas type – Liquid propane
- Number of grates – 1
- Number of burners – 2
- Fuel size compatibility: 20 Pounds
- Burner configuration: conventional
- Rotisserie Burner: No
- Infrared burner: No
- Searing burner: No
- Non-toxic – Yes
- Material – steel
- Smoker included – No
- Water/rust resistant – yes
- Scratch resistant – yes
- Weather resistant – Yes (finish)
- Warming Rack Included – No
- Drip Tray Included – Yes
- Manufacturing country – China
- Assembled Width (in.): 49
- Assembled Depth (in.): 19
- Assembled Height (in.): 41.5
- Weight (lbs.): 52.8
This gas grill comes with a 5 year warranty on the burners, 2 years for the firebox. The manufacturer covers all the other parts with a 1 year warranty. This is the best warranties offered in the market. It is more or less similar to the ones offered by all the top brands in the market.
The Top 5 Barbecue Grills for 2016 HERE
- Uneven heating: One of the key points to lookout for while buying a grilling counter, is to ensure that it has no hotspots. It looks like this product does not promise anything in that department. Many users have specified that it has hotspots which results in inconsistent finished product.
- No natural gas compatibility: Although propane gas is preferred for barbequing. It provides the most authentic experience. More individuals are opting for natural gas, due to their simple setup and lesser carbon foot print. Propane gas also has immense energy, thereby raising the heat very quickly; this could cause the finished product to burn, especially if it is sitting right on the hotspot.
- Components are not sturdy: Although the entire setup is of steel, it does not come across as sturdy. It appears quite flimsy. It may not be a great idea to barbeque on a windy summer afternoon. They are quite lightweight and repeated use could lead to severe wear and tear.
- Not the most authentic experience: The grates are made of stainless steel, this is easier to clean. It does not provide the most pure barbequing experience. Some of the competitive products have stuck to the traditional cast iron grates which are ideal for getting the right sear on your finished product. They also lend enough moisture to the finished product.
- Complex assembly: This product specifies that it requires only a screwdriver and wrench. Many users have mentioned that the assembly is quite complex and no two pieces are pre-assembled. The product manual mentions that the assembly could take at least 40 minutes. Users and reviewers have pointed that it can take anywhere between at least 2 hours to 2 days depending on your competence in assembling units.
- Less power on side burner: The side burner seems to have lesser power, this additional cooking space cannot be used for searing meat such as steak etc., which require a higher temperature. It could be used for searing vegetables or lean meat. This is only an additional space for cooking and should not be looked at in comparison with the primary cooking space.
- Small grill for medium sized crowd: If you are hosting a crowd more than 5 people, this may not be an ideal grill. Chances are that you are standing next to the grill all the while, instead of entertaining your guests. The cooking area is ideal only for a small group of people.
Advantages over competition
- Good value for money: It is considered as the best product for the money. The product has all the good things of a gas grill and at a very affordable price. Although it is economical, it does not in any way compromise on quality.
- Low pre-heat time: It is a propane gas grill which offers the most pure form of grilling experience. The pre-heat time is quite low because propane gas has higher energy compared to natural gas. Since the cooking space is also quite compact and the burners are pretty powerful, the grill achieves maximum temperature very quickly.
- Easy cleanup: The grills are made of stainless steel material, which is quite easy to cleanup. Soaking them overnight should enable removal of grease and food particles with minimum effort. The scrubbing and brushing effort is minimal. Lubricating the grill gives it a very fine and sophisticated look. It continues to look good even after multiple use if maintained properly.
- Lightweight and durable: The entire unit weighs 52.8 lbs. It is quite easy to carry; you can take it along with you for your outdoor picnic. The build is sturdy and has wheels for mobility which makes it easy for transportation. Even moving it from the storage place to the patio does not seem quite daunting due to the wheels and its light weight. It is rust and weather resistant. The finish is durable porcelain coated wire which increases the lifespan of the grates and grills.
- Compact size: It is ideal for a crowd of less than 5 people. This grill being a two burner is quite small in size. Apartment users can use this on their patio to entertain friends and family. Despite being compact it comes with powerful burners which will enable searing the food quickly.
Additional cooking space and accessories for easy storage: There is enough cooking space on the primary grill. For additional cooking space, there is a side burner which can be used for keeping your food warm.
There is a separate drawer for storing your grilling tools and there are hooks available on the shelf, which enables hanging your tools while you are at the counter working on your food. These aspects add to the convenience of the barbequing experience.
This is indeed a great value for money. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill Reviews are raving about how great a product it is for the price at which it is being offered. There are e-tailers who are also offering good discounts on the product.
- Despite being just a two burner, it is able to offer great power in terms of heating. Propane gas offers a very pure barbequing experience. It ups the temperature to the maximum extent at once, which provides quick sear on your food. This also works well during the entire year since during cold season; there are chances that the grill could lose heat very quickly.
- The sturdy lid ensures that the heat can be retained within the grill, thereby enabling a great finished product. It also helps even distribution of heat and avoids too many flare-up accidents. The lid is designed especially keeping in mind the elements of nature. The lid particularly is quite sturdy.
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill Reviewscontinue to maintain that it is quite compact. It has 2 wheels which offer great mobility. It has 2 locking casters as well. The ignition system is quite reliable; it offers a spark at every push throughout the year.
- A grill cover is sold separately; it is advisable that one invests in the right type of gear for cleaning and maintenance of the grill. This will increase the life of the grill. Using a grill cover will ensure that the grill is free from dust and moisture. This will prevent the metal from corroding or rusting.
- The initial setup seems to be the only sore point across all Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Gas Grill Reviews. Many users have complained that the setup manual is not very helpful. No two pieces have been put together, thereby the onus of the entire setup falls on the buyer. Although the company claims that the setup should take about 40 minutes, there are users who have taken up to 2 days to put this together. There are chance of missing a step, which requires the user to re-do the entire process again!
- The design is quite sleek and compact. It is ideal for apartment residents who do not have great outdoors. This grill can also be quite handy for people who want to go out on a barbequing picnic outing. It is not very heavy and thus one can carry it along. It is ideal for a crowd not exceeding 5 people.
- Many users have used the product frequently (as frequent as once a week); there has been no severe wear and tear. The cleanup is quite simple and easy. Thanks to the porcelain coated steel craters from which the food particles and grease will come off easily after an overnight soak. This reduces the brushing and scrubbing effort considerably.
- The cleaning and maintenance of any grill is important. It is pertinent to invest in a cleaning solution, a good brush and rubber gloves (if required). You can also use baking soda and vinegar for tough stains. Soaking your grill overnight will reduce your scrubbing effort. It is important to keep your grilling station clean and drying it off immediately. If the grill is left with moisture for long, the metal could corrode.
Overall, this is a great product for a small set of friends and family. It comes at an attractive price, provides quite a pure barbequing experience.