One of the favourite summer activities is to host a barbeque party for your friends and family. Great food and fun will only result in great memories. A good grill station is the key to getting a pure barbeque experience.
Finding the best outdoor grill could be quite a daunting task. There are multiple options available in the market. There is a variety of products available within the outdoor grill category – Gas grills – natural gas, propane gas; Electric grills; Charcoal grill. We review the best and most recommended outdoor grills here.
|Weber 1211001 Jumbo Joe 18-Inch Portable Grill||617 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill||860 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Weber 47510001 Spirit E310 Natural Gas Grill, Black||280 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GFO240S||282 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill||257 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
- 1 What do the best outdoor grills offer?
- 2 Weber Q 2400 Electric Grill
- 3 George Foreman GFO240S Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 4 Weber E310 Natural Gas Grill
- 5 Weber Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
- 6 Weber Jumbo Joe 18-Inch Portable Grill
What do the best outdoor grills offer?
The best outdoor grills on offer include a variety of features. Not all of them will suit your needs. You need to understand the features and assess if it fits your needs.
Weber Q 2400 Electric Grill
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 280 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- .Dimensions (Inches) Lid Open : ( H x W x D) - 26 x 31.5 x 25.1(Inches); :Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 14.5 H x 31.5 W x 19.5 D
- Fully assembled out of box, Infinite control burner valve settings. Fuel type-Electric. Power-1,560 W/120 V
- 6-foot grounded cord
Weber is a well-known brand in this space. They bring together traditional aspects with the best quality available. The product is manufactured in America; hence, it is conducive to the requirements of the country where barbequing is extremely popular.
The product has few new additional features which include a large grip handle and better control knobs. The side handles are more ergonomically placed. The build is sturdy which can be used across all weathers. Despite being compact and portable, it has rich features and superior quality. It retains the traditional porcelain-enameled cast iron grates which gives a pure barbeque experience. Many apartments restrict the usage of gas and charcoal, this grill is best suited in such scenarios.
- Type: Electric Grill
- Grilling Surface: 280 square inches
- Capacity: ~11 hamburgers
- Cooking system: 1560 watts with many burner valve settings
- Cooking grates: Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates; cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled, compact, 6 foot grounded cord
- Color Available – Dark Gray
- Dimensions –
- Assembled Depth – 25.1 inches
- Assembled Height – 26 inches
- Assembled Width – 31.5 inches
- Wheels – No
- Certifications and listing – None
- Manufacturer Warranty – 1 Year
Electric grills are getting increasingly popular. Weber offers a range of products within this space. This model is amongst the best outdoor grills, suitable for apartment patios. It is quite expensive but offers great quality, durability and sleek design.
George Foreman GFO240S Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 15+ Servings - It's tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do. The fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
- Adjustable Temperature Control - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There's a lot to love about this nonstick coating. It's durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Fat-Removing Slope - It's the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat* from meats for lean, tasty meals
This is an affordable grill and is known to be among the best outdoor grills for the masses. This grill has a tough non-stick coating which provides a healthier finished product. They also possess a patented sloping grill which helps knock off fat while you sear the food on the grill. Research suggests that it can reduce upto 42% of fat from the food cooked on the grill. This will provide for a healthy palate.
Cleaning is easy compared to all other products in this space. Due to the sloping grill surface, excess fat drips off thereby reducing the smoke that is generated. Hence, it is pegged as an indoor grill.
- Type – Electric grill
- Grilling Surface: 240 square inches
- Capacity: ~15 servings
- Cooking system: Electric TRU-Infrared (Adjustable five heat settings to choose from)
- Cooking grates: Tough non-stick coating
- Fat removing shape (sloped grilling)
- Drip tray for collecting fat
- Removable stand
- Color Available – Gray
- Assembled Depth – 9.1 inches
- Assembled Height – 12.1 inches
- Assembled Width –24 inches
- Wheels – No
- Certifications and listing – 1-UL Listed, ANSI Certified, CSA Listed
- Manufacturer Warranty – Limited
This model is a great value for money. It offers great features such as non-stick coating, fat removing sloped grilling. If you are health conscious and still want to enjoy the barbequing experience then this is the right product.
Weber E310 Natural Gas Grill
- This barbecue is a natural gas unit and you must have natural gas plumbed out to your patio or deck to be able to use this grill; If you do not have natural gas plumbed, please look at our selection of propane barbecues
- 529 suare inches of total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates and Flavorizer bars
- Electronic crossover ignition system starts with the push of a button
- Assembled dimensions with the lid open 63-inch by 52-inch by 32-inch, Note: This product does not work with propane gas.
Weber has retained it’s reputation for quality and durability. Irrespective of type of barbeque station, they seem to have a good market share. Natural gas grills are becoming increasingly popular due to the lower carbon footprint and the easy setup.
Weber grills have ample cooking space and are designed such that there is even heat across the cooking panel. This results in finished products being consistently cooked. They retain the cast iron cooking grates which lend the traditional moist and smoky flavour to the finished product.
- Unit – natural gas
- Cooking area – 424 square inch
- Warming area – 105 square inch
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates Porcelain-enameledFlavorizer bars
- Burners – three
- Auto Electronic ignition
- Dimensions with open lid 63-inch by 52-inch by 32-inch
- Grill cover and grill brush sold separately
- Does not work with propane gas
Offers an easy setup and lesser carbon footprint. The cooking area is large which can serve more number of people. It has the best quality components and offers authentic barbequing experience. If you intend to go green while you host a barbeque party, this is the ideal grilling station.
Weber Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
- Kettle Grill With 363 Square Inches Of Total Cooking Space
- 22-Inch-Diameter Plated-Steel Cooking Grate; Rust-Resistant Vents
- Porcelain-Enameled Bowl And Lid With Glass-Reinforced Nylon Handles and heat shield
- Aluminum Ash Catcher; Aluminized-Steel One-Touch Cleaning System
- Measures 22- Inches Long By 25 Inches Wide By 38-1/2 Inches High; 10-Year Limited Warranty
Weber grills are highly priced. They however, promise longevity, durability and best quality. Barbeque fanatics swear by this brand, infact they also pick charcoal grilling as the purest form of barbequing experience. This particular model retails the traditional aspects and brings along with it innovation and advanced techniques which ease up the assembly and cleaning aspects.
Weber grills are known for sleek design; the cooking area and lid are designed to eliminate any hotspots. Charcoal grills are known to provide an authentic smoky flavour to the finished product. The vents are anti-rust, thus ensuring that the metal does not corrode over repeated use.
- Total grilling space: 363 square inches Kettle grill
- Cooking grate: 22-inch-diameter plated-steel
- Rust resistant vents
- Porcelain-enameled bowl
- Lid with glass-reinforced nylon handles
- Aluminium ash catcher
- Aluminized-steel One-Touch cleaning system
- Length: 22 inches
- Width: 25 inches
- Height: 38.5 inches
- Warranty: 10 Year
- Color– Black
Charcoal grills are known to provide the most authentic and purest form of barbequing experience. This is best suited for individuals who are keen on the authentic experience. Weber grills are expensive but the experience will be well worth the investment.
Weber Jumbo Joe 18-Inch Portable Grill
- Porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 240 square inch
- 18.5-inch diameter plated steel cooking grate
- Rust-resistant aluminum dampers and ash catcher
- One glass-reinforced nylon handle
- Assembled dimensions 19.75-inch by 20.5-inch by 19.75-inch
Jumbo Joe, contrary to it’s name is a portable grill. It has a tuck and carry lid which secures (locks) itself, thereby enabling one to carry it along with you. It is designed for people who intend to carry their station along with them while on a picnic outdoors.
It offers decent cooking space and a very sleek design. Like all other Weber grills, it promises even heat distribution which is a primary characteristic of consistently cooked food. The assembly is quite simple. Since it is portable, the build had to be compact and sturdy both at the same time. Weber achieves this effectively. It has a plated steel cooking crate, porcelain enamelled bowl and lid. It has a rust – resistant aluminum ash catcher which aids cleaning.
- Cooking area – 240 square inch
- Cooking grate – plated steel
- Special feature – Tuck and carry lid lock for portability (this lowers as a lid holder as well)
- Grill body material – Porcelain
- Warranty – Limited
- Assembled Depth: 19.75 inches
- Assembled Height: 19.75 inches
- Assembled Weight: 21.5 lbs
- Assembled Width: 20.5 inches
Amongst the portable grills available in the market, this one wins hands down. Weber seems to get it right in almost all the categories. They are expensive grills though. For someone who intends to barbeque on trek trips or picnics, this could be a good addition.